PHYSICIANS NEW TO THE SPECIALTY
Applicants who do not meet the criteria in the three (3) routes of the certification set forth above may seek to obtain a Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) by meeting the following criteria (in addition to the general requirements set forth above): CERTIFICATE OF ADDED QUALIFICATION (CAQ):
1) Applicant must submit proof of attendance of at least two (2) ISHRS annual meetings.
2) Applicant must submit proof of attendance at ISHRS endorsed programs consisting of a minimum of sixteen (16) hours of live surgery workshop.
3) Applicant must submit case logs documenting completion of a minimum of twenty-five (25) hair restoration cases performed as a primary surgeon. Case logs must indicate the type of hair restoration surgery procedure, date of procedure, graft count and patient age and gender.
4)Applicant must pay an examination fee for the written component only of the examination in an amount established by the Board of Directors.
5) Applicant must successfully pass the ABHRS written examination.
6) Applicant who successfully meets the above criteria will receive a Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ). The CAQ does not constitute ABHRS Board Certification Diplomate Status. The Applicant will not be listed on the ABHRS website directory as a Diplomate.
7) Applicant who successfully achieves the Certificate of Added Qualification shall be eligible to sit for the oral examination upon satisfaction of meeting the minimum criteria for the Experience Route, Fellowship Route or Lifetime Achievement Route set forth above.
8) In order to become an ABHRS Board Certified Diplomate the Applicant must successfully pass both Written and Oral Components of the Examination.