ABHRS/IBHRS Code of Ethics Policy Statement
WHEREAS, the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) is a surgical certifying board organized to examine physicians in the area of hair restoration surgery; and
WHEREAS, the ABHRS is a surgical certifying board organized to promote the safe practice of hair restoration surgery;
NOW, THEREFORE, the ABHRS has established the following policy: As a Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, I pledge myself to…
- Use every opportunity to improve public understanding of the role of the Hair Restoration Surgeon.
- Cooperate in every reasonable and proper way with other physicians and work with them in activities contributing to the advancement of quality patient care.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information entrusted or known to me by virtue of my role as a hair restoration surgeon within the constraints of the law.
- Accept no personal compensation from any party that would influence or require special consideration in the provision of care to any patient.
- Provide patient care impartially, provide no special privilege to any individual patient based on the patient’s race, color, creed, sex, national origin or handicap.
- Use only legal and ethical means in the provision of care to my patients and strive to expose those physicians deficient in character or competence, or who engage in fraud or deception.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal conduct.
- Abide by the highest ethical standards in activities designed to attract patients to my practice including recognition of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery advertising policy which requires membership status should not be embellished, to utilize truthful advertising, and to designate my ABHRS membership as ABHRS Diplomate as opposed to board certified by the ABHRS.
- Maintain loyalty to the goals and objectives of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery as stated in the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery By-Laws.
- Promote and encourage the highest level of medical ethics in providing competent medical service with compassion and respect for human dignity.
- Recognize and discharge my responsibility and that of the Medical and/or Osteopathic profession to uphold the laws and regulations relating to the practice of hair restoration surgery.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of medical practice.
- Continue to study, apply and advance scientific knowledge, make relevant information available to patients, colleagues and the public, obtain consultation, and use the talents of other health professionals when the best interests of a patient so indicates.