Certification of a Diplomate requires demonstration of training, evidence of post-training experience, and successful completion of Written and Oral Examinations on the entire scope of the specialty. All applicants must submit a signed and notarized examination application and include the general application requirements.
Please read our detailed information on the general application requirements and the routes to certification before starting the Candidate Application process, view the Candidate Application Brochure for detailed information.
In the process of evaluating standards of practice, the ABHRS Credentials Committee will base its criteria for acceptance on generally accepted methods of hair restoration surgery as published in current hair transplant journals and textbooks. In addition to our general requirements, applicants must meet all of the criteria for one (1) of the following routes to certification:
- Experience Route
- Fellowship Route
- Lifetime Achievement Route
- Certificate of Added Qualification for Physicians New to the Specialty
Upcoming 2018 ABHRS Examinations
Upcoming 2018 ABHRS Examination to be held in conjunction with the ISHRS World Live Workshop March 8-10, 2018, http://2018wlswdubai.org/2018WLSWDubai/
Date: March 7, 2018
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Deadline: January 20, 2018
Deposit amount: $750
October 2018 – Hollywood, California
Examination to be held in conjunction with the 26th World Congress of the ISHRS.
Date: October 9, 2018
Deposit amount: $500
We accept only Visa and Mastercard
Your payment will be declined if the address you provide (after clicking Pay Now below) does not match the billing address of your credit card.
- Examination Application Checklist Experience Route
- Examination Application Checklist Fellowship Route
- Examination Application Checklist Lifetime Achievement Route
- Examination Application Checklist Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) Route.
- Sample Case Logs
- Sample Operative Report
- Affidavit Regarding Clear and Unrestricted Licensure
- Affidavit Regarding Number of Years in Practice
- Affidavit Regarding Role of Hair Surgeon During Surgery