DISCLAIMER: These are only recommendations. Exam questions could also come from other textbooks and periodicals.
Oral Exam Candidate Protocol – Download
Written Exam Proproctor User Guide – Download
Written Exam Prometric’s enhanced test center procedures – What to Expect
- Olsen, E., Disorders of Hair Growth, McGraw-Hill, Inc. New York, 2003
- American Heart Association, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Current Edition
- Unger, W., Hair Transplantation, 5th Edition. Informa Healthcare, 2010
- Whiting, D., Hair Growth Disorders. Springer, 2011
- Price, V., Cicatricial Alopecias: An Approach to Diagnosis and Management. Springer, 2011
- Sperling, L., Cowper, S., Knopp, E., An Atlas of Hair Pathology with Clinical Correlations. Informa Healthcare, 2012
- Rudnicka, L., Atlas of Trichoscopy: Dermoscopy in Hair and Scalp Disease. Springer, 2013
- Jonsen, Albert R., Clinical Ethics: A Practical Approach to Ethical Decisions in Clinical Medicine. 8th Edition, McGraw-Hill Education, 2015
- Lam, S., Hair Transplant 360 Vol. 4 Jaypee Brothers, 2016
- Law, Liability & Ethics for Medical Office Professionals. 6th Edition, Cengage Learning, 2018
To prepare for the exam you can take our online practice exam. Click below and pay $200 and we will contact you with a link and password for the exam.
Practice Oral Examination Video
Please also review the Practice Oral Examination Video as you prepare for the examination.
ISHRS 2020 Advanced/Board Review Course On-Demand
The on-demand Advanced/Board Review Course offers the most comprehensive and targeted curriculum aimed at two audiences:
- Practitioners who want to do well on the written and oral ABHRS exams
- Intermediate/advanced hair surgeons who wants to learn sophisticated and new techniques
The course includes a catalog of 25 lecture videos on advanced-level hair restoration surgery topics including alopecias, patient selection and donor area, recipient area planning, ethics, emergencies and complications. You will also gain valuable information about the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery certification and application process, the written exam and the oral exam.